Wednesday, May 25, 2016

4Teen, Fifteen, 6Teen, 17

May 14th

So today for the first time I participated in the Walk to End Lupus at the South Street Seaport in New York City. I walked with my brother, nephews, and sisters--one of whom is currently battling Lupus. So the walk was symbolic for me in more ways than one. The walk itself is 3.1 miles, starts at south street port, loops around battery park, and ends by returning to the seaport to complete the walk. It was lots of fun with people cheering and taking pictures along the way. I was also able to see people's shirts and signs of who they were walking for and why. My family and I concluded the walk with lunch and we surprised my sister at the end with various colored roses.

That night I headed out with a few friends, my sister, and cousin to celebrate my upcoming birthday. The new things for the night were 1) my outfit which was a nude color sheer see thru dress. Underneath I wore a nude bra and panties. I also had on a new cute necklace and earrings (I'll attach pictures of my outfit and jewelry later). 2) I decided to get car service for the night so I could pick up all my friends so that we could all get to the club at the same time and so that everyone could get drunk lol. 3) We went to 2 venues that night Kinanm Lounge where my official birthday party was held but I've been there before. The second place we went to was called Remedy which I have never been to before. I was already drunk by the time we got there but I had a good time--from what I can remember lol.

May 15
Of course this wouldn't be a true "new" post without me mentioning food lol. On Saturday my family and I went to Six Flags as part of my birthday weekend celebration but I've been there before so that's not new to me. On the way back from six flags we went to Wawa instead of buying expensive food in the park. I had the buffalo chicken cheesesteak and it was amazing. For those of you who aren't familiar Wawa is a convenience store/gas station chain located in the North East US with locations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and Florida. They have an extensive food menu and it's all really good.

May 16 -Happy birthday to me
So today I turned 28! Happy birthday to me. To celebrate I went to Houlihan's (which I've never been to before) and had dinner with my family. I must say when I first looked at the menu before going there there were lots of good things I saw that I would have wanted to try, but when I got there I wasn't too impressed. Maybe I was hungry when I initially looked at the menu. I went with shrimp alfredo and it was ok. What really impressed me was their caramel nut crunch pie which is crushed snickers, vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, and fudge sauce served in an oreo and peanut crust. It was delicious and I highly recommend it if you happen to visit Houlihan's.

May 17 -The birthday celebration continues
So today my friend took me to this Mexican restaurant called Mesita to celebrate my birthday. It also happened to be taco tuesday and they had specials. I had never heard of this restaurant before and it's crazy because it's not far from my house and I have been within the vicinity of it at other bars and restaurants but I just never noticed it. I had their special drink called Mesita-Gria which has spanish red wine, hennessy, grand marnier, passion fruit puree, mixed berry puree, agave nectar, pineapple, and orange juice. What sets this sangria apart from others is their use of premium coganc and the drink itself was only $10 which is good for having premium liquor in it. To eat I had a chicken, shrimp, and beef taco. Although they were good I wasn't really digging the corn tortilla they served it in because it was very heavy and took away from the flavor of the food.



No comments:

Post a Comment