Monday, May 9, 2016

I'm Still Here

So this post is an update from the last one both to let you know that I'm still here writing and didn't give up and that since May 3rd I have continued to do new things daily. Here is the updated list of the new things.

May 4(May the 4th be with you)-- I tried Werther's Originals sugar free chocolate flavored chewy caramels. The story behind this is that I'm currently on a weight loss plan and on that plan I have to limit the amount of sugar I have so it's recommend that you have sugar free foods/drinks or use artificial sweeteners if you are trying to sweeten something. So I happened to stumble upon the candy at the supermarket (I wasn't even in there trying to find sugar free candy) and since I love caramel and chocolate anyway and since it was sugar free I decided to buy it and try it. I actually did like the taste and it didn't taste like sugar free candy.

May 5 (Cinco de Mayo)--I was able to visit/work 2 new bars in Huntington (NY) which is an area I have been to but never hung out at. The first bar was called Huntington Village Tavern which is a fun bar because they have darts, a pool table, and tv's showcasing daily sporting events. It was definitely a spot the locals go to and a place that gives me the "everybody knows your name vibe."
The second place was Christopher's which is a restaurant & bar. The food smelled really good and everyone seemed to be having a good time. The music was also really good. They even have an outdoor patio bar and smoking area complete with a beer ball machine and stuffed animal vending machine. I enjoyed my time there but I feel that the outdoor patio experience is probably better in the summer time when the bar out there is actually open and there's more people.

May 6th-This day was filled with a few firsts one of them being driving my car to Philly with my friend (road trip!). Some other firsts were staying at a hotel in Center City Philadelphia, going to Fojo de Chão (the food was delicious. I really liked the chicken, the chicken wrapped in bacon, and the kale), and going to Rumor nightclub. So to say the least this day and my belly were stuffed with new and exciting things.

May 7th-Yesterday's activities are hard to top but I still had fun on this day also. I bought and tried Starbust Gummiburst candy. Just like the Werther's I had never seen them before and they looked good so I figured what the heck? I also participated in my first Temple University Alumni Weekend activity which was a small meet and greet at a campus pizza place. There was free food and drinks and it was also the last event before the main event of the night which was the Dîner en Cherry. Long story short during alumni weekend there's events all weekend long leading up to the Dîner en Cherry. During these events they give you clues about where the dinner for that year is being held and at the pizza meet and greet they gave you the last clue and revealed the dinner location for that year. 


May 8th (Happy Mother's Day)--Today was my first day going to Reading Terminal Market (pronounced redding for those who aren't familiar with it) and eating at the Down Home Diner. I was impressed with how many little restaurant and shops are in there, it's like a huge village in this relatively small building but surprisingly it wasn't overcrowded or cramped. The next time I'm in Philly I want to go to Reading Terminal Market several more times and take advantage of the food choices and do some light shopping from the vendors selling various items. I'm kind of mad at my college self for never taking advantage and visiting it before. Today was also my first time driving by myself from Philly back to New York. The trip wasn't bad and I didn't really hit traffic until I of course got back into New York, but I'm glad I made it back safely.


Let's see what these other 22 days have in store for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment